Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joystick

Hi!

I have a Volvo EC15B and the button on the joystick for the slew change has stopped working, has anyone ever tried to split the joystick before? It is loose but I just don't want to break it.

volvo want a small fortune as you cant just buy the switch in the joystick apparently.

Thanks...John

Originally posted by Lister John View Post
    Hi!

I have a Volvo EC15B and the button on the joystick for the slew change has stopped working, has anyone ever tried to split the joystick before? It is loose but I just don't want to break it.

volvo want a small fortune as you cant just buy the switch in the joystick apparently.

Thanks...John
    It appears to be the way of it John, I've mentioned this elsewhere on this forum, which is a pain in the ass ... How much do volvo want for the hand set now ?

BTW there could be other things at fault like the solenoid for example, are you sure it's the button ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      It appears to be the way of it John, I've mentioned this elsewhere on this forum, which is a pain in the ass ... How much do volvo want for the hand set now ?

BTW there could be other things at fault like the solenoid for example, are you sure it's the button ?

Volvo want around the £300 mark! I know it's the switch by shorting the 2 wires out for a second then it activates the solenoid & the boom moves, then again to de activate it.

thanks...John

Comment

Originally posted by Lister John View Post
        Volvo want around the £300 mark! I know it's the switch by shorting the 2 wires out for a second then it activates the solenoid & the boom moves, then again to de activate it.

thanks...John
        Holy crap that's serious I suppose you could cut it open with a Dremel or something and source a button from radio spares or someone and glue it back together. Quite a bit of hydraulics on that machine is made by Rexroth but I couldn't be certain who makes the hand grip
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
        X