X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandvik IN 8 Hammers

Hi Guys

I have one of these IN 8 's or BR 108's

Looks like its run out of gas as its blow strengths gone .. anyone pulled one of these fellas apart .. Rammer S series I can do in my sleep, but these chappies are very different

Worked on a couple of Krupp 1900 years ago that was enough.........
    A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Well I wasnt happy about the prospect of loosing a finger if I didnt take it apart right So .... and you guys are gonna hate me for it ... I phoned the stealer for some help :sleep: i know I know .. I didnt even have a manual or parts book, so I didnt have a choice .. anyway ... its in bits on the workshop floor ...

Ill take some piccies if anyone is interested in some shiny breaker internals :bored: ...... what do you mean your not interested ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
        what do you mean your not interested ?
        Go on then .. enlighten us
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
          Go on then .. enlighten us
          Well I took a photo with my phone but I dont think it came out proper ..
          Attached Files

Comment

WTF are all those bits ?
            Frank Daily .. yesterday .. today.. tomorrow .. everyday

Comment

Originally posted by FnDaily View Post
              WTF are all those bits ?
              Knowing the price of rockbreaker parts ,Expensive ones.

We had the piston bugger up on our breaker for the 20 tonner ,$11000 worth . Guy said lucky the barrel was not scored , as it is $37000 worth .Ian.

Comment

whos your agents Dan ?
                Hydraulic oil -- its in my veins - - - well I assume thats what the pain is

Comment

This seemed to do the trick
                  Attached Files
                  If I have to explain you wouldn't understand

Comment

Thats like the old steel ball from a crane ... actually its not such a daft solution in certain circumstances .. a rebar panel like that would just bounce a lot with a breaker on it ,.. and you would only get a fraction of the 'blow' strength from the hammer
                    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                      Thats like the old steel ball from a crane ... actually its not such a daft solution in certain circumstances .. a rebar panel like that would just bounce a lot with a breaker on it ,.. and you would only get a fraction of the 'blow' strength from the hammer
                      There's always a reason
                      If I have to explain you wouldn't understand

Comment

Is that all thats inside one of those hammers ?
                        I Pull for a living

Comment

Working...
                        X