Kubota U-50 bucket ram failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kubota U-50 bucket ram failure

Not sure what's caused this one ? . Ive owned the machine from new, and the seal pack got stripped clean off the rod end.

You would perhaps expect this on a machine on constant breaker work ? .. but that's not been the case with this one, actually its had very little breaker work.

I have noticed that the hitch has got a bit slappy though, and a sudden back or forth movement from the dipper will cause a small amount bucket slap .. I wonder if its simply been this thats the problem ? .. because I dont think Kubota fit shock valves into their system . You can see the grub screw intact , so theres been no rotation ... the seal pack has been pulled straight off the rod .. must have been some cumulative force !!

IMG_0711.jpgIMG_0713.jpgIMG_0712.jpgIMG_0712.jpg
    Attached Files
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

someone been using it as a pick at full stretch Muz ? ..... bloody odd failure that
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Not stopping bucket movement before the cylinder is at max reach could possibly cause this over a longer period of time? You know, newbe throwing dirt up and out of the bucket kinda movement..
      Also, if there is no mark after it in the threads, the grub screw might not have been tightened, and the nut have become loose and creating slack back and forth untill braking point? I dunno..

Comment

I cant quite believe it possible, but I wonder if it was cross threaded at birth, or a bit of pick up on the threads at least, when it was assembled .. anyway .. its in my usual machine shop as we speak, when I farm a job out .. big shout to West of Scotland Engineering

http://www.wose.co.uk/ .. decent guys with a decent attitude, and reasonably priced too They are going to oversize and rethread the pack end, and machine a new rod using existing eyelet to match the pack end dimensions
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Hm.. Gotta agree with you. Factory defect or assembly error is probably most plausible explaination.. Sounds like your rod is in good hands

Comment

Originally posted by Nobody View Post
            Sounds like your rod is in good hands
            If only that were true after 25 years of marriage

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
              If only that were true after 25 years of marriage

Comment

Working...
              X