Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FORD Rear linkage failure ..........

Ford 7840 warning ? .
    This fitting on the hydraulic lift arm leveling box fell apart recently ,It looks like something which should be a safety recall as someone could be seriously
    injured or at worst killed if it let go at an inopportune moment ..
    It appears as if the threads have worn {although it is not a moving part} or were never machined properly in the first place as it has just pulled apart under normal use ,whatever weight and shock loading you have on the hydraulic linkage is hanging on this small piece of inadequate thread .
    I know its not a new tractor but parts like this should last the life of the machine .

Not good enough FORD ,and the cost to repair it with the Genuine Ford parts which could fail again is $850 Aussie dollars ..........
    IMG_3710.jpgIMG_3711.jpgIMG_3712.jpgIMG_3714.jpg

Originally posted by Wazza View Post
    Ford 7840 warning ? .
    This fitting on the hydraulic lift arm leveling box fell apart recently ,It looks like something which should be a safety recall as someone could be seriously
    It appears as if the threads have worn {although it is not a moving part} or were never machined properly in the first place as it has just pulled apart under normal use ,whatever weight and shock loading you have on the hydraulic linkage is hanging on this small piece of inadequate thread .
    I know its not a new tractor but parts like this should last the life of the machine .

Not good enough FORD ,and the cost to repair it with the Genuine Ford parts which could fail again is $850 Aussie dollars ..........
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]355[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]356[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]357[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]358[/ATTACH]
    I appreciate your frustration Waz .. it does look a bit under engineered against what its lift capacity is which is 2.8 tonnes, but it is a 20 year old machine, so some wear must have taken place at some point.

I checked a few related forums that I frequent to see if there was any articles that would have been relative for you but couldnt find any ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

pto 2.jpg
      A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Gees Mr Safety Inspector , Better keep well clear of our place . You will be shaking your head so much , your brain will get scrambled.

Comment

I didn't start a rant about safety................
          A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]359[/ATTACH]
            OK so nobody cares about dangerous engineering these days as it so commonplace ...
            Just wait until the Ozone Hole gets to your Island Stock and then we will see how long your plastic shields last exposed to the super UV ......

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
              I didn't start a rant about safety................
              I did not say you did. I guess we aussies are a little more {RE} laxed on safety stuff , but we do try to keep all our fingers and toes attached ,where ever possible

Comment

Originally posted by Wazza View Post
                Ford 7840 warning ? .

[ATTACH=CONFIG]355[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]356[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]357[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]358[/ATTACH]
                That will teach you to buy that first on rubbish dump brand tractor . Good old Aussie Chamberlain would not have fallen apart like that .

Comment

I agree its rubbish ,the best thing on the tractor is the engine as everything else has given trouble ..
                  Should have bought Massey or John Deere ...................

Comment

Working...
                  X