Feeling kinky???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling kinky???

Anyone seen a kink like this in their rubber tracks before?? I spotted it a couple days ago and showed the Scot JCB mechanic yesterday and he said he hadnt seen that before. Its not affecting the track in anyway but does look a little odd.

Looks like you are about to lose a cleat from the track unless your tracks are at the incorrect tension

see below

Image1.jpg

The angle of the chain faces are the clue as they either enter or leave the sprocket ... loosing a cleat at the ages your tracks are would be very unusual
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

incorrect tension? as in slack?? They are not slack. These tracks have only done 240 hours since they were fitted new. They are JCB trackmaster tracks so have an 18 month warrenty.

Comment

I don't know much about rubber tracks .Maybe the steel belt is seperating?

Comment

Time to get a spare track on order....

Had the same thing happen to a Berreta T46 Rig... Looked the same but the track cracked round the outside I recall?

The Takeuch TB015 did the same and spewed out 3 cleats in 2 meters then stopped tracking..... My first experince like that
          http://rsandersplanthire.com/ Plant Hire and Earthmoving

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
            incorrect tension? as in slack?? They are not slack. These tracks have only done 240 hours since they were fitted new. They are JCB trackmaster tracks so have an 18 month warrenty.
            did you open my photo and see the red lines I placed on your chains ?
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by JD450A View Post
              Time to get a spare track on order....

Had the same thing happen to a Berreta T46 Rig... Looked the same but the track cracked round the outside I recall?

The Takeuch TB015 did the same and spewed out 3 cleats in 2 meters then stopped tracking..... My first experince like that
              With only 240 hours , looks like it should be replaced as faulty .

Comment

Yeah get it replaced before it breaks.

Comment

They are probably made for JCB by Ohtsu , Terratrak , Dongil , etc , all of whom will imprint JCB's logo into the rubber.

The Dongil ones are the worst IMHO , and these are ones I have seen fail the soonest, but like I said, its very premature by the looks of the amount of rubber still on yours.

Whilst they should replace them under warranty, you might have a job proving it. They will contest that you slammed it into a kerb or something, and Ive found it a hard point to argue. The best you can do is either find somone else with the same problem to help prove its a fault with the track, or swear blind its only ever been used on a golf course all its days ... also....make sure they understand you are an owner operator and look after your kit, and its not as if the digger has been out on self drive or anything.

Have you looked at my picture yet to be certain its failed,? you would expect to see a line of cracked rubber appearing accross the cleat where its become detached from the steel braiding inside, eventually the segment gets ripped out. It may be that the braiding hasnt joined properly, and if this is the case, you would expect a batch of tracks to be the same.

good luck let us know how you get on

Comment

You just dont know Ive seen tracks like that last for ages , but its best to report it , if the problem has appeared when you have a chance of warranty
                    Hydraulic oil -- its in my veins - - - well I assume thats what the pain is

Comment

Any advance mate ? whats the story so far ?

Comment

No word yet but i aint pushed it. I am awaiting the ScotJCB mechanic to come and replace a faulty ARV and fit a new slew lock. When he comes i shall point out the track to him again and see if he'll do anything about it. To be fair he is a real good mechanic and really helpful!!

Comment

What ever happened with this Jim .They do something or fob you off ?

Comment

Nothing to report its still on and working! Been a lot of places and done a lot of work with it and it ain't got any worse so not done anything about it!

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
                              Nothing to report its still on and working! Been a lot of places and done a lot of work with it and it ain't got any worse so not done anything about it!
                              "Well, if it ain't broke...

....thrash it harder".....

Comment

Working...
                              X