Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What caused this??

A driven man with a burning passion.

Looks like the skirt on the exhaust valve has started to break up, leaving bits to get mashed in the cylinder, then the inlet valve stem has finally broken .. what type of engine is it ? etc more info would be good, it must have been running pretty rough, but its surprising how quick the damage can mount up.
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

No Muz she was preforming like the proverbial Kitten when it went bang! rattle cloud of smoke then ran a little rough with a miss or what we thought was a miss when we opened the injector .......................

Comment

Uneven spray pattern from a faulty injector nozzle,incorrect fuel delivery timing ,faulty injector pump?....... Ok what ????????
        Last edited by Wazza; 30-06-2012, 01:17 PM.

Comment

T'udder side.....................

Comment

Aye .. Ive seen a faulty spray pattern burn a hole in the piston right enough ... kinda hard to see whats what with that one stock .. looks well melted though .. did anyone tell ya its fooked by the way
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Langer roveriitess??? . Water geting into the Cyl via leaking headgasket ?

Comment

No Ian...................

Comment

Somethin Muz said to me earlier .... someone been at the biofuel again ?

Comment

Hey Stock have you seen this PDF with nice diagrams and pictures?... http://www.boosttown.com/engine/piston_damage.pdf

Comment

Thanks Wazz some good info there.......................

Comment

Did you get to the bottom of it then ?

Comment

I had been wondering the same thing myself Muz .

Comment

No gentle men we didn't but we were able to buy an engine with a sheared crankshaft, the pulley was loose resulting in the front of the shaft shearing off so we took the shaft from ours put in a new set of bearings and an oil pump and its back pumping water again.....................

Comment

Working...
                            X