Well ... never seen this before !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well ... never seen this before !!

The thread title is one I hate to hear when I speak to a fitter about problems with machines because you know as soon as you hear it , that hes lying. Often as they are dealers they are protecting their products .. but we know stuff breaks dont we gentlemen ?

But this is a genuine first for me... a large bulky rag sucked into the air filter of an 8 tonne digger.. no obvious signs of trouble, and no harm done thankfully .. it had been working in a very dusty environment so I pulled the air cleaner for a blow out and found it

My machines get new air cleaners every year and a blow out every six months or whenever they need it, and sometimes a new cleaner every 6 months if they are dirty with fine stuff.
    IMG_1496.jpgImg_1494.jpgImg_1497.jpgImg_1498.jpg

Picture 2 shows what I saw and started to pull at it before I realised what it was
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Lol! I rented a Bobcat T200 track machine and the dealer I rented it from said when he took it in on trade he found rags in the fuel tank, no wonder it was a little bogged down when it was running.

Is that a Kubota Muz?

Comment

Yeah .. Its a KX080 .. stuff in the fuel tank is common, its amazing the shit people let get in there .. but Ive never seen stuff in the air cleaner ... In defence of the machine the engine is 3 litres plus .. and has a fair swept volume therfor, so .. a 3 inch inlet pipe will have a fair suction on the end of it .. thing is .. its a metre away from the filter
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Lol! I've yet to run a KX080 but I have never heard any complaints about one especially concerning power, speed etc.

Comment

Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
          Lol! I've yet to run a KX080 but I have never heard any complaints about one especially concerning power, speed etc.
          They are a good machine .. Ive never had any bother with them ... hmmm bottom rollers maybe...... now that you ask

Comment

Kubs are probably the Rolls royce of mini's, was on a three tonner recently a tad giddy until I adapted....................
            A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Just call it a pre-cleaner Muz ,just think how much cleaner the filter will stay with that in place ..

Comment

Originally posted by Wazza View Post
                Just call it a pre-cleaner Muz ,just think how much cleaner the filter will stay with that in place ..

And look at how much extra go go juice it burnt................
                A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Engine management computer should fix that .

Comment

Working...
                  X